Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Christmas Projects

I do this every year.
I try to figure out at least one (or two or three) things to make for each of our kids.  Keith thinks I'm a little crazy that way, but he humors me.
Here are some before and after pictures of this year's gifts.
I purchased some sort of box for each of the kids from Goodwill and refinished them.

Alina's box before


And after.  Always wanted to try to do mosaics.  I think I'm addicted.


Miriam's box before.

And after.
This picture doesn't really do it justice.  I've decided when I grow up I want to have a job doing something with wood.  Love all the grains and the things that stains do.


Kristina's before...

And after.
It isn't really as obnoxious as it looks.  Those are beads for drawer pulls.

This is Elijah's before and after pictures, because I didn't do anything to it.  He loves treasure chests!  He packs them full and carries them around all the time.

I didn't get before pictures of Jonas', Anastasia's or Caleb's.  Here are their after pictures.

Jonas' (perfect for Lego guys)

Caleb's.  Once again, beads for drawer pulls.

On Anastasia's I did silver foil.  We found out that it doesn't hold up to rough children so I bought some silver paint to paint it with.... still have to get to that.

I can't seem to find Ryah's box to take pciture of so I'll tell of another project I did for her.  Ryah LOVES her baby (that she got 3 years ago, when she was 5).  She often uses her baby in place of herself if the situation is threatening (ie. Baby wants a hug/ sit on your lap/ is scared).  I took these pajamas that Ryah loved and loved so much that there are holes in them.  I cut them down to fit her baby.  She LOVED it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment