Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Christmas 2011

I was worse than usual at taking pictures because I was very tired.  After concrete on Christmas Eve ,Keith and I stayed up putting the finishing touches on Christmas.  I think Caleb took most of these pictures.
 
I really don't like when a unwrapping frenzy leaves everyone going  "huh?", not wanting for it to be over and not really knowing what each other gets.  So I started out by having them pass around one gift to everyone and then take turns opening them.  Then the first year the girls were home the kids came up with the idea of taking turns playing Santa.  Everyone closes their eyes like they are asleep and Santa picks a gift out for everyone and then they say "Good Morning, Merry Christmas" to wake everyone up and we take turns opening gifts.


Our kids love books....  They each get a couple hardbound ones (usually with something written in them from Mom and Dad).
 This was a lego year.  Nearly everyone got a lego set and everyone got a lego figurine for their stocking.  Legos provide (literally) hours and hours of fun at our house.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment