Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sweet Rewards

Forgot to add, this is what we did for Family Night as a reward for all their hard work. It was a tad bit windy so it was kinda cold. But we had fun anyway.
This was the first time that Ryah released her vice-like grip on me and ventured out on her own. She was so pleased with herself. We didn't' get a very good picture of her grin, though. I REALLY need to find the time to write a post about her swimming and attachment issues. But I'm off to do pickles.














1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed your last few posts and the pictures! Sounds like you guys have been busy! Glad the heat has subsided a bit...we were welcomed home by triple digit temps after being in Colorado for 10 days and enjoying their cooler weather. Your meltdown record with Ryah that day in the heat would have been too much for me...I think I would have driven straight home and called it a day! :) How's Kristina's swimming this summer? That was one of her favorites last summer...she turned into a fish! She would ask to "svim" at 8:30 in the morning. I wasn't quite ready for swimming at that hour. She didn't know how to swim when she arrived, but her arm floaties didn't last long at all. Before we knew it she was going down the slide and off the diving board. She had NO FEAR! She even picked up a few strokes that my husband showed her (butterfly, etc.) A real turn around from the little girl who wouldn't even set foot in the backyard when she arrived. Looks like all the kids are enjoying the pool...and if another heat wave comes through, you can just dip Ryah in there every few hours to ward off the heat-induced meltdowns! Blessings to you and your family ~ Natalie

    ReplyDelete