Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's a modern Wonderful Life

Looking back on this summer (as it really is almost over:( ) it seems like it has been kind of a rough one. We've had some rough times with the girls and with Keith being gone a good chunk of it, and no real breaks or big vacations to look forward to (other than the sealing one, of course), it has also seemed kind of monotonous. But, as never really fails, when I start thinking like that Heavenly Father sends my kids (my healing kids) to show me just how much fun we have had this summer:

Miriam has been really interested in indians, or to be more pc, Native Americans, lately. (Here great Grandfather would be proud! She has gotten the other girls into it as well. Though, I'm sure I don't know if they really know what an Indian is. Or maybe Miriam doesn't as well.... she asked me the other day how to make an Indian. What came after a little chuckle on my part was something like this: You have an Indian daddy and an Indian mommy and they make an Indian baby. "I know, I know but how do you make an Indian group?" Well, I guess you gather a bunch of people together. Indians are just people like you. How would you make a singers group?

Maybe I didn't understand what she was asking me fully but it was a pretty funny conversation. We have also had discussions about different kinds of indians and she has even looked up a lot about Pacific Northwest Indians on the computer.

They have made a TeePee. They tried their hand at weaving. They are true Indians in the making.
But today was the best! Miriam wanted a basket (had to be a basket, not a bag or a box-- had to be a basket, because that is what Indians use) to take out gathering berries. Of course I didn't want my basket to be all black and purple when they were through so she lined it with some rags. So, she isn't doing laundry here she is doing her best imitation of being a Gatherer.

Kristina had this idea, (my kids LOVE to have their picture taken and I rarely can take only one) and Miriam got in on it too.


And yes, those are blueberries from our blueberry patch. They actually found it under all those weeds. There are also pounds and pounds of blackberries if you can get past the thorns.
I think more went into Anastasia's mouth than the basket. :)

All three of them did a good job of getting past those thorns.

Then they came in with this rock and I must say they really do look like a mortar and pestle.
Then they each wanted a cup of popcorn to grind up. Anastasia is the only one who stuck with it, but it was still pretty coarse when she was done.



Oh and Ryah came down dressed like this and said "I a princess." I said "you have to say, YEEEEE HAAAH!" She looked at me like I had 3 eyeballs and said "why?" I said because that is what people who wear those clothes say. Slowly comprehension dawned on her face and she said "like Elmo movie?" I guess there is an Elmo movie that is a cowboy. Then she went around and said that she was Princess Elmo.

Oh, and I LOVE how she says some words: spleeping for sleeping, and plass for pass.


Yes, I have a good life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment