Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankful!!

For all the rough time that these girls have been through they are still kids. Still have that glorious child curiosity.
The toilet was plugged and I was guiding Jonas through plunging it. Jonas said that he had never seen inside a toilet (WHAT?!?!?! and you live in this family?!?!? LOL). So I opened the lid and showed him how it worked. I had to demonstrate how it worked about 4 more times because each time about the time I got done I had another kid come in to see what we were doing. And the questions, oh lots of questions. "Why is it red?" (We have lots of minerals in our water), "How does the water get in there?" "Where does it go?" "Is it clean?"
We spent about 20 minutes in there. And you know what it was really nice to see them soaking up the knowlege, asking questions, learning. It is times like this (however few and far between) that allow me to forget that we are just playing catch-up in their lives.
So, tonight? Tonight, I am thankful for toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment