Saturday, February 7, 2009

February 5- Thursday – DAY 2
Feeling a little better today. The kids called and we were so asleep that we almost missed them. As each day goes by we miss them more and more!
Keith made eggs and ham (sorry, not green) for breakfast. Then Elijah and I were off for the orphanage. It was a little strange because we were tired and had no energy and R and A2 were too. So it was very calm and blah. At about 11:30 (I’m guessing because I didn’t have a watch) just after everyone else went to play outside the girls started putting Elijah’s coat and shoes on. Not sure if it was a hint or just R being R. I was ok with leaving but not ok with leaving the girls alone. So I drug my feet, allowed them to dress me, and finally sat around with my coat on for a few more minutes before the others came back in.
Keith said he got one email sent and a couple more read. It is slow logging onto work from halfway across the world. We are going through a 20 grivna internet card a day. Will have to get more tomorrow.
Elijah was a bear trying to get down for a nap. I finally just held him until he calmed down (wore himself out) enough to sleep. Then he slept for 3 hours. I slept nearly that long. Keith slept but then got up and worked. Hopefully he can get enough work in that we don’t use all of our vacation and will be useful to them at work.
We took the computer today. And all got turns except K who was playing in the other room on their computer. She did come in for a hug. At our facilitator’s suggestion we tried to talk to the girls about court, them being our girls now, and moving to America. I don’t know how much they understood, but we used our electronic translator (for the first time). I think we need to get Julia in there and see how much they know and understand. Keith said that (must have been while I was gone) in court the director said that she talked to the girls about being adopted and the younger two didn’t really understand, but the older two did. It is going to be an adjustment all around.
I was really getting frustrated with A2 grabbing everything away from people. Partly because I don’t feel well and am tired. I need to make sure I do better about giving her chances to be first, while still not rewarding the grabbing. Oh, the dance of parenthood.
We are in the process of figuring out plane tickets. Looks like each of the girls’ tickets will be about $1000. Wow! Now, hopefully we can get everyone on the same flight.
Weather is getting warmer. There for a couple of days I wondered if my long johns were going to be my second skin. But we are back to mud. Don’t like the mud but can deal with it to get away from that frosty wind. We actually saw people out on the river that was frozen but wet on top. Oh, how I wished I had my camera. That would have been a cool picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment