Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring has sprung, grass is risen, Miriam is in right arm prison

Keith, we went out to work and had to take a picture break because we saw these...

From the peach trees

The pear trees


The rhubarb.  I've never see it flower like this.  Not sure if I should do anything about it.


I think these are more pears.  There were a few on the plums too... mostly leaves though.

While I was doing this the kids were playing in the north forty.  Miriam slipped off one of the downed trees, caught her shirt on a branch and scratched up her arm pit.  And I mean a good 8 inch scratch right smack dab in the bottom of her arm pit.  Not deep but definately very painful.  And  pain to bandage.  We else all think that she did it on purpose so she didn't have to move rocks.  And she did admit that she would rather have a big painful scratch than work in the garden......  I personally would rather work in the garden than to hold my arm up over my head until that heals... but to each his own.
We did get most of the sticks moved out of the pile in the garden and most of the rocks.  There are a couple huge ones of both that I didn't think was worth a back.  I also got a bunch of scotchbroom and blackberries dug up there.  We are ready for a tractor.... any time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment