Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tidbits

Language
I wouldn't want to have to be learning English.  There are so many idioms and sayings and odd way of saying things that you just have to learn.  So I know where these girls are coming from... however that doesn't stop me from getting a kick out of some of the things they say.
I was dropping the girls off at Activity Days.  Everyone was saying "See you later Alligator."  Alina said, "Bye Alligator," and then didn't understand when I chuckled.

The food thing again.
"I don't want to go to the moon (telestial kingdom) because you can't live with your family and then how would I get food?"-- Anastasia

And again
Anastasia won a bingo game at our school and from the whole table full of fun things to chose from she chose a package of microwave popcorn.

School and things
I ran into Alina's teacher in the hall at school when I was volunteering.  She spent 10 minutes going on and on about how Alina is really improving in reading and how she is quickly becoming the highest in math in her class.  Why oh why then do we not see it at home?!?!?  Still takes her 12 hours (and I do mean 12 hours-- that is no exaggeration) to do her homework that should only take 1 hour?!?!

Potty talk
From Ryah, running in to tell me, "Mom, Elijah needs more paper toilet."

No comments:

Post a Comment