Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Money, money, money by the pound

It has been an ordeal getting the cash out to take with us. Ok, granted, it IS a LARGE sum. But really. The bills have to be unmarked (no, i'm not a terrorist... or a kidnapper) with no folds and preferrably as new as possible or banks in Ukraine won't accept it for trade. So we try to move money from our stock account to our checking account (different institutions) and find out that our account has been closed due to inactivity. What!?!?! I guess that is a good thing... meaning I haven't spent lots of money for a while. So, I have to open a new account... then they won't let us get money out because it is a new account (come on!! I've been banking there for 8 or more years) and they can't prove where the money came from. Ahhhhhhhh!!! So tomorrow we have to go back to a bigger branch and see if THEY let me take it out. Then comes the fun of sorting the bills and trading the old for new. And then here is me with LOTS of cash walking around feeling like I need a gun to protect myself. Ok, thanks, just had to get that off my chest. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment