Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I think I'm being passively aggressive and denying the fact that I have a camera.  I've not taken any of the "normal" pictures for quite a while.

The kids went to school on the monday before Thanksgiving.  That day there was a big snowstorm (for here at least) and dropped 5 inches of snow. We spent a lot of that evening weatherizing the house.  

Of course the whole place shuts down when it snows and tuesday there was no school.  Then it was below freezing and with the snow/slush/ice on the road they cancelled school again wednesday as well.  Yeah!  A whole week with my kids home AND Keith!!  Talk about spoil me. 

Jonas and Elijah getting warm after a snowball fight.
Anastasia wanted in on it, too.
Luckily, I had shopped the week before and gotten most of the ingredients I needed for thanksgiving and those that I didn't get were easily done without (I didn't have to cook for 3 days, heavenly!).  We just hunkered down, did the token cleaning and played games for most of the week.


Tessa had a friend, Jasmine, come over while her family went on a trip. (Anastasia took these pictures)   EVERYONE had fun with her.  She's never been walked so much in her entire life.
Let me tell you, it was extremely hard to send the kids to school and Keith to work on that next monday!!


Warning:  Food issue topic again. 

As a side note, three of the four girls actually stopped eating with food still left on their plates for the Thanksgiving meal.  Does that mean we are actually getting somewhere???

No comments:

Post a Comment