Sunday, July 19, 2009

Anastasia is SEVEN!!!!

Today is Anastasia's birthday.

Since Keith left on friday to go back to Israel for 2 more weeks (on two day notice) we got our presents for the girls on thursday. We got them both bikes and helmets. I don't have pictures because they were on the camera that Keith took to Israel. I'll post them when he sends them to me. Each bike had a little bag/ backpack that straps to the handle bars. Anastasia is wearing hers in the pictures.

Grandma Nielson sent her a doll that drinks and wets. She LOVES it, Mom!!!

Well, they all do.

They all had to help her have the doll pee in the little potty chair.


I did a rush job on her cake. Anastasia kept saying that it looked like Cinderella. I guess it does... with the dress that she and her animal friends helped to make. All the little bands that screw the icing tips on up and walked away so I had to do it all with one tip.


Well, she liked it anyway and it was only a matter of a couple minutes after I finished that it was devoured. So, while it won't win any awards (or the prince's heart) it made a little girl happy.


We tried to go to the store on Saturday to buy some ice cream, powdered sugar and some things for Caleb's scout camp but with the way everyone was acting I couldn't imagine actually going through the store. We cause enough of a scene as it is, no need to make it negative. So, we got back in the car and went home. Luckily, I had just enough powdered sugar to eke enough icing to cover the naked barbie. :)

She said it was the best birthday she ever had. Don't know about that but I am glad she liked it!



The kids got to talking about their first birthday cakes and it made me really sad that I have no idea about the girls' younger years. I can't tell them the cute little things they said or did, or how difficult it was to potty train them or what color hair they had when they were born, like I do the other kids. I can't tell them about any of their "firsts" in this life. I guess that is something I'll have to get used to.

Now we have a 2 year old, 5 year old, 7x2 (for another week, then two 8s for another month, then two nines--- how do I keep this all straight?), 8, 9, 10, and 12 year old. What is it going to be like when we have 9, 12, 14, 14 , 15, 16, 17, and a 19. Makes me dizzy just thinking about all the hormones running rampant here. 'Course we can have some fun parties here too. It never ceases to amaze me how well and smoothly the girls fit into our family. We got blessed doubly.

No comments:

Post a Comment