Thursday, March 12, 2009

I've been derelict

And I'm not even sure I spelled that right. :) I know, according to my blog we haven't even made it home from Ukraine, yet. I'm having a hard time sitting down and finishing that. Sorry. We're home. How's that?
We took the girls to the doctor yesterday. Kristina does have quite a bit of scarring on her lungs from the TB. (It doesn't seem to slow her down ANY bit). Ryah is short for her age all other stats were almost smack dab on the 50% mark. Anastasia and Alina both have flat feet. Other than that they are all healthy as horses. They each had 2 shots, (I can't remember which ones and I'm too lazy right now to go look) except Ryah and she had 5, poor girl. Today she is lethargic, has a fever and has welts on her face. She also kept us up most of the night complaining about her leg, where the shots were. I called the doctor and he wasn't concerned but said to watch her tonight and tomorrow to see if she gets worse.
We are slowly getting a routine down. Working on seeing what everyone knows academically. Other than typical sibing squabbles everyone is getting along.

4 comments:

  1. When we were meeting with the SDA, we were offered four girls first. At that time the parents were working on trying to get them back. I am almost sure from the pictures on your post that they were the same four girls. We adopted three siblings. Jaryd, Jacob and Kailyn. So glad to see you are home and that these girls got a wonderful home.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are all safely home! And the girls are darling! I read your story and can confidently identify that we used the same facilitator - honest, kind Kostya has absolutely terrible communication skills and not because he does not know English! I really liked him as a person but would never engage with him in a professional manner (where my families safety and finances were in question) again - we too felt so abandoned!!!! We are hopefully going back to adopt our son's bio sister and thus having to search for a new facilitator! But I did so adore his driver Sasha - what a saint! Best of luck to you all and congratulations on your growing family!!! growingmassiefamily.blogspot.com; dmag4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me privately. shimai @ comcast . net

    ReplyDelete