Saturday, December 19, 2009

Writer in the making

Jonas
Practice Write
12-3-09

Cold came at me from everywhere. Lots of people I know I saw shivering. Many of them had winter coats on, including me! Winter wind switched direction every 10 minutes. I thought at least twenty times, "Do I have another coat?" My sisters put on sweaters after sweaters to get warm. By the time they got warm, I couldn't even recognise them. They looked rediculous. At least 5 sweaters, one scarf and a couple hats. They couldn't run much faster than many of us walk. Too bad with so many sweaters some couldn't get out the door. I had to dodge several wool sweaters just to try to leave the house. Right now I'm thankful we work in a classroom. I sure hope we don't have to work outside.




A pretty apt description all around. Jonas has a real way with words.
Oh, and lest anyone sic CPS on us, we do have enough outer clothing for our children. The girls are just used to Ukraine where you have to REALLY bundle up to be able to stay warm. AND they wanted to wear their *American* jackets, rather than their *Ukrainian* coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment