Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Parent Shopping

Tonight was a little unnerving.
I had scouts (I'm the leader of the Wolves) so a friend kindly watched my currently fatherless kids.
My friend said during scouts Ryah was asking and asking to go where I was (this is a VERY good thing). But when scouts was over and they got to me, she only wanted to go home with my friend.
Ok. We have been dealing with these attachment issues in Ryah ever since we came home and she has come a LOOOOOOONG way. For the most part she has stopped going up to COMPLETE strangers and asking to be picked up. She has started asking me if she can take something offered by someone else, or sit on someone else's lap. She has even shown some indications of stranger anxiety.
But tonight was a wakeup call.
She insisted she really wanted to go to my friend's house. I guess I think I handled it ok. I just told her that "No, Ryah needs to go to Ryah's house." But I guess I was getting a little too "comfort zone" about how she is doing, because I thought she was coming along a lot more than that. I know, "three steps forward, two steps back" and all. But somehow at this late hour, with my husband gone (for 1 more week, yeah, I made it through two) it is hard to see that.
I guess I need to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment