Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just two minutes

You would think that two minutes wouldn't be that long.

Last night at dinner (after all the hubbub of homework and chores) everyone was talking to me all at once (not necessarily an uncommon occurance) and I was very tired. So I challenged everyone to NOT talk to me for 2 minutes. They couldn't do it. The longest anyone could go was about 30 seconds. I kept "restarting the clock" everytime someone talked to me. They even kept reminding each other NOT to talk to me, but they still couldn't do it. I finally gave up. I guess that is the benefit of being Mom to a large family.... you always have someone's hand to hold, plenty of hugs and kisses AND always someone that needs you. It is nice to be needed!

1 comment:

  1. And never again will you drink a hot cup of anything, until they are all out of the house!

    ReplyDelete